top of page
SHE DRAWS TAMPA BAY
Local Camp 2023
The She Draws Tampa Bay Local Camp was a 'Girls-Only' camp hosted at AMROC FABLAB.
The activities included:
- Exploring careers in Architecture and Construction
- Understanding building code
- Free hand sketching
- Designing affordable multifamily housing
- Responding to RFP
Camp Moments at AMROC FABLAB
STEM XPOSURE GLOBAL CAMP
Global Camp 2023
The Global Camp 2023 in partnership with Makueni County, proved to be a resounding success. Conducted in a virtual format, the camp attracted participants from the United States of America, the United Kingdom, Kenya, and Nigeria, engaging them from July 31st to August 11th, 2023. The camp's primary focus was to instruct students in the art of utilizing Sketchup for architectural design. Additionally, participants had the opportunity to engage with mentors and connect with STEM Xposure's alumni from prior camp sessions as part of their enriching experience.
The students learnt how to;
- Create floor plans
- Design exterior walls and interior walls
- Differentiate Groups v Components
- Hide and Unhide
- Rotate along different planes
- Move copies
- Multiply and Divide
- Identify basic elements of a good design
- Create 3D Warehouse
Camp Moments on Zoom
SCIENCE OF BEAUTY
Fly Girl Approved, in collaboration with STEM Xposure, proudly hosted the 'Science of Beauty' Summer Camp from July 31st to August 5th, 2023, at The Glazer Museum. Throughout this intensive six-day program, students between the ages of 10 and 17 delved into the myriad of STEM-related career opportunities within the beauty industry.
The daily agenda encompassed a range of engaging activities, including:
- Hands-on involvement in the manufacturing and production of various beauty products, spanning skincare, haircare, and makeup, among others.
- Exploration of the business aspects inherent to the beauty industry, encompassing the nuances of branding and marketing beauty products to consumers.
The camp reached its climax with a pop-up shop, where students had the opportunity to vend the very products they had crafted during their time at the camp. This endeavor aligned with our overarching objective to introduce these young, female, African American students to highly remunerative, diverse, and fulfilling career paths that remain significantly underrepresented within the beauty sector.
GLAZER CHILDRENS MUSEUM
The Science of Beauty Camp 2023 was held at Glazer Children's Museum. Thank you to all our Sponsors for making it possible to empower girls this season!
bottom of page